And we are go….!
As revealed in Time Out, this Saturday 16th June will mark phase one of the opening of Leake Street Arches.
Following investment into the sensitive restoration of the railway arches, as well as the introduction of a new, state-of-the-art lighting system, (designed in collaboration with graffiti artists to better showcase their work) Leake Street Arches will be home to eight new independent businesses.
Smuggling in new flavours from the old country, Banh Bao Brothers is a Vietnamese Street Food restaurant and bar. Honouring Madame Bay, (the co-owners’ Grandma) the new dining venue will ensure her secret recipes are kept alive in London and that her legacy continues.
Having opened London’s first board game café with its Hackney home in 2014, Draughts Waterloo will provide a social entertainment venue, offering a huge range of board games, alongside high-quality delicious food, innovative cocktails, craft beer and exciting wines.
Aures London is Europe’s first five sensory, fully immersive events venue. It is a unique blank canvas venue in one of central London’s coolest locations for art exhibitions, installations, events, live performances and corporate event hire.
Rat Bar @ 26 Leake Street is a graffiti themed speakeasy, produced by the creative events agency Shout About London. The bar will play host to an original Banksy known as ‘Giant Rat’. Having undergone extensive restoration work, this previously unseen masterpiece, will take pride of place within the venue.
Phase Two of opening, which will mark the completion of the project, will see Mamuśka! Polish Kitchen and Bar, Addington restaurant at 26 Leake Street as well as an additional dining and bar concept open to the public at the end of the summer.
Those visiting for the launch on Saturday 16th June will be able to enjoy:
• Free 15 minute Immersive Sound Demos; sit back and hear tracks as you’ve never heard them before (every half hour from 12-4pm).
• A 4 hour set with legendary New York DJ, Danny Krivit (tickets required, see: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1111869)
Banh Bao Brothers:
• The chance the win free food and drink at their table by playing their ‘Roll the Dice’ game.
• 2-4-1 Bloody Mary’s/Mimosas during brunch (11am – 4pm)
• Mini game tournaments held throughout the day with Prizes available: (tote bags, t-shirts, free gaming sessions and board games and more)
• A complimentary house cocktail with every gaming session all day
Rat Bar @ 26 Leake Street:
• Half price pizzas and the chance to see the unveiling of an original Bansky piece.
House of Vans:
• Free cinema screenings of Marvel Flicks (Guardians of The Galaxy) at 3pm and 5.30pm
• Skate Skool 1hr sessions at 10:00 & 11:00 (book in at houseofvanslondon.com)
• Open Skate sessions (no booking required, all day from 12pm)
• Free art exhibition by iconic skate photographer Michael Burnett, chronicling 20 Years of Thrasher Magazine photography
We look forward to welcoming visitors and showing you what we’ve been working on…. 😉